Are wireless smart homes in Chico a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were limited to hard-wired devices linked through a drawn-out installation. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the market and created a wealth of possibilities for residents.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Chico is the best choice for you and your family? See what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What to know before deciding to go wireless
The core of any wireless system is a secure internet connection. Consistent, high-speed internet and a quality wireless router are the two principal elements you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in the last few years, consider switching it out now to capitalize on the latest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in a region without dependable fast internet or cellular coverage, you may be well-advised to go with a wired connection. And, it could be wise financially to stay with an existing setup if you move to a residence pre-wired for security.
Network and electrical outages can happen regardless of where you live. To address this concern, look for security systems with cell and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Chico?
Protecting your home against known dangers like theft and fire is the main objective of any home security system. You can accomplish this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you want to benefit from the latest improvements, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your entryways or watch real-time video from your smartphone? A wireless smart home provides a level of connectivity you’ve never had. You can investigate or adjust any integrated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it can also access you. If a sensor is tripped, an alert will be delivered instantly to your cell phone app. You’ll always know when there’s a security event, no matter your location.
● Flexibility and scalability: Dissimilar to wired devices, you can place wireless ones just about anywhere. Would you like to have an indoor camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also simple to add or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Chico have proven reliable and effective, there are a few potential drawbacks. Consider the following:
● You might need to change batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will inform you when power is dwindling and tend to last for years without calling for a fresh battery.
● Placing devices. There could be restrictions on how far you can put wireless components away from the primary command hub. This won’t be an issue in the majority of homes, but you need to inquire about the limit before moving forward.
● Threat of online hacking. In a similar fashion as other computer networks, the potential of hacking exists. But you can significantly reduce this risk by implementing strong passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Chico today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll enjoy being able to access and control your Chico security system from anywhere. Dial (530) 460-6338 to begin.