Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Chico smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total control of your Chico home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Chico do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded footage from any connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Chico by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Chico
Although multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the info to send an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Chico smart home. Call (530) 460-6338 to get started.