Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Chico
If you purchased your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and your family. You’re likely considering the ways you can customize your property with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make certain you give thought to home security as well. Keeping the ones you care about shielded from harm should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll help you do so with our safety tips for new homeowners in Chico.
Conduct a safety review of your new Chico property
Now that you’re contemplating safety, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, make certain you have functioning smoke alarms. Test each one and switch out batteries if required. Are carbon monoxide detectors on site? Did you find a water sensor in your basement? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and inspect all window locks. Go room-by-room and get to know your property.
Smart security tips for your Chico home
Once you’ve finished your opening investigation of safety devices and locking systems, you can think about elevating your property’s defense. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Chico.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the smartest things a new homeowner in Chico can do is incorporate a home security system. Modern wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You may scan live video footage, operate entry locks, and even talk to visitors at your door straight from your cell phone. You may custom-tailor your system with incredible security measures such as video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade exterior lighting. Exterior lights with motion sensors are a great way to turn away potential burglars. You may even integrate them with video cameras. When a motion sensor is triggered, it can signal your video equipment to start recording.
- Maintain your yard. Can you easily see all of your property through your windows? Are there overgrown trees and bushes blocking your view? Eliminate potential places to hide by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be grateful for it as well.
- Meet others on your street. Talking about your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friendly with people nearby, they’ll be more likely to let you know if they discern anything suspicious. You can also connect to your community’s social media page if one is available.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an innovative smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by activating smart lighting at programmed times. This is a great tool when you’re at work or on vacation.